Monday 21 January 2013

Inspirational music posters/adverts

I like the lighting on this poster. I like how the lights appear to shine down on the artist making her look like she is in the spotlight. The black and white colour scheme looks very effective and makes it stand out. The large, bold font grabs the audience's attention and all text is very easy to read. I would like to try and make my poster as easy to read as this one because it states the information needed in a simple and quick-to-understand format, which is really good for a poster or advert. For example, if the poster was on the side of a bus all passers-by would be able to read the poster and digest the information in the short matter of seconds before the bus drove past.


I like how Laura Marling isn't looking directly at the camera as it creates intrigue. I also like how the blue background makes her eyes stand out more. This poster looks simple yet effective and grabs the audiences attention. I think that the colour of the artist's top blends in well with the colour scheme and makes it 'flow' more easily. I am not so keen on the font used for Laura Marling's name but the text used to inform the audience of where and when she will be playing is simple and easy to read. I would like to incorporate this simple and easy to read type of font into my poster so it is easier for the audience to digest what is said. 


This poster is completely different to those above yet it is still effective. The black and white image makes the poster stand out and puts emphasis on the artists themselves more than the artist's name. I don't think that I would use a colour scheme of red, black and white for my poster as it is a different genre of music. However, in this genre and with the name "Slaughter" I think it looks effective as the connotes blood whilst the black connotes death. These connotations add to the genre and the overall feel of the poster.


This poster is very simple. The black and white image is a direct contrast to the bright pink lettering of the text. It is eye-catching and simple to read. However, whilst I like the boldness and the simplicity of the font I would not like to use the colour pink in my poster against a black background because I think that white lettering stands out and looks more effective. Perhaps a lighter background would stop the poster looking so severe as well. In my poster I think I am going to experiment with different colour palettes to see what looks the best.


This poster is different again. It uses a 'pop-art' kind of image which again grabs the audience's attention. The colour scheme of red, white and black makes it stand out too. I like how simple and the plain the poster is. I doesn't have much information on but because of the 'pop art' image and colour scheme I don't think it needs to. If it included lots of texts I think that the whole poster design wouldn't look as effective as it does. 


After analysing these posters I think I would like to use a softer-type pose like the ones used in the Laura Marling posters with bold lettering like the text used in The Ramones poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment